1. HYDRATE | Before, During & After Tips
Before Training: Mornings 1 L water & 30-60’ b4 workout 1/2-1L minimum (pee test = The darker it is yellow is your dehydration level basically)
*During Training: Smaller amounts more often… best. Super long or hard have fruit with lots of water in it but lower fiber.. oranges, mandarins, bananas, etc.
*After Training: 5-10’ 1/2L dep. on sweat with salt!
2. REFUEL | Post Workout Nutrition
FANTASTIC 4 = ENERGY + MUSCLE + HYDRATION + IMMUNE
KEYS: 30’ WINDOW for Stage 1 + 60-120’ window for Stage 2
- STAGE 1 = 30’ WINDOW after training
Glycogen Stores ("energy reserves") (1.2g/kg of bodyweight of carbs OR carb/protein mix)
*RECOVERY SHAKE EXAMPLE:
CARBS (fruit/berries, quinoa, sweet potato, seeds & nuts) + PROTEIN (hemp seed protein, whey, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc) + GUT HEALTH PREP = PREBIOTICS (garlic, banana, leeks, etc) & PROBIOTICS (greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, miso, kimchi, and kefir) + BOOSTS (salt, manuka honey, stevia, cinnamon, raw cacao powder, vanilla powder, maca powder, chia seeds, coconut flakes, coconut oil, hemp seed oil, etc)
- STAGE 2 = 60-120’ window after training
Protein, Protein Helpers, Fats (Omegas, etc), Antioxidants, Slow Carbs
RECOVERY BOWL = FISH/POULTRY/RED MEAT (Bacon is ok) + FAT (nuts/seeds on salad… avocado.. coconut, hemp seed or walnut oil) + VEGGIES (Dark green Spinach/Kale/Collards etc but also bright colors more color the more vitamins/antioxidants) + SLOW CARBS (20% is probably more than enough here) Legumes like lentils, black beans.. Quinoa, rolled oats, whole-grain pumpernickel bread, Buckwheat, pearled barley and whole-wheat bread/tortillas for wrap/sandwich
*Drink water/liquids up to 20’ before meals and 30-60’ after or you will not digest everything from you food
A Shot of pure lemon juice after meal will help digestion and fat loss.
Clove of garlic
*Don’t Eat close to bedtime or you will be processing food during sleep...not have consistent sleep quality which will defeat the nutrition you just gave yourself!
3. GET FIT | Like An Olympian & Shed Fat
a. TABATA 8' Total = 2' Warm Up + 4' ON/OFF + 2' Cool Down (actually 2m40s of actual hard work… ;)
Weights (body + external weights)
Use props… Bands, Balls, Boxes (3 B’s… B-Trio…TB’s...)
4. BE MINDFUL | Flow State: Get In THE ZONE!
Take 5-10’ for breathing and visualizations
- Mindful Breathing | Boosts focus, metabolism, productivity, creativeness
- Eyes closed
- Quiet room
- Sit straight up with legs crossed or butterfly (Use Wall or couch if needed)
- Set alarm for 5-10'
- Tip: overtime your mind wanders just focus attention back to the normal rhythm of your breathing.. breathing will happen whether or not you think about it ;)
- Visualize Success | Your dream + skills needed to accomplish YOUR dream
- Repeat until you can see yourself successfully completing each skill you want to improve. This may take time but once you can.. try to see 8-10x of the same successful skill.
- Tip: imagine how it feels, smells, etc.
5. GROW WISER | Everyday improve your knowledge 1%
- Contact A Mentor
- Contact them
- Read something they wrote you as a reminder
- Try to emulate/mimic/copy their way of doing what they do best to improve yourself in those areas.
- Books (Autobiographies, Historical, Coaching (Skill Acquisition aka self-help)
- Web Research
- MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
6. MOBILITY MASHING | Prevent Injuries, Soreness & promote F.R.O.M
- Tools = Ball and/or Roller
- 30 seconds on each TP (Trigger Point) for 10'