Listen or watch…
But please share with someone you think will enjoy it!
#57 UCLA Champion to Champions League Silver Medal with Mari AQUINO
Mariana "Mari" Thomaz de Aquino (Born in Curitiba, 2 of May 1991) is a Brazilian indoor voleibolista, playing position of central , who served the Brazilian national team as a youth and was the first Brazilian to win the title of the NCAA University Championships of the United States with UCLA and she also competed in beach volleyball at UCLA. Professionally, she won the silver medal in the 2018 European CEV Champions League in Romania. Now is back in Brazil playing in the Superliga after a knee surgery.
Position: Middle Blocker
Place of birth:Curitiba, Brazil
*Clubs/ High School:
- Paraná Clube: 2004/05
- Círculo Militar/ Dom Bosco: 2006/07
- Positivo: 2007/2008
- Minas Tênis Clube - Vôlei: 2008/2009
- Pinheiros Volei: 2009/2010
- UCLA Women's Volleyball: 2010-2014
- Yesilyurt Spor kulübü (Turkey): 2015-16
- RC Cannes Volley-Ball (France): 2016-17
- Volei Alba Blaj (Romania): 2017-18
- Curitiba Volei (Brazil): 2018- present (current club)
- National Champion NCAA division I (2011)
- Best middle blocker Turkish league (2015/16)
- 2nd place Champions League (2018)
- Quarter finalist Brazilian league (Superliga) (2019)
*Give a quote or personal motto that you believe in ....
- "Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"
*Name THE person you feel has been MOST influential in your life to reach higher and be better?
- My parents.
*List book or learning resource you love to use...
- Any of Bernardinhos' books.
*Give a tool/habit you love to use to stay healthy:
- Eat every 3 hours, sleep 8 hours, always.
*A useful tool or tip for eating on the go -OR- for traveling in general?
- Always brings healthy snacks in your bag, like nuts for example. And on the road, try to portion your plate evenly with salad, carbs and protein, not just one type, but all.
*What's a cause or thing/action you like to do to add value to other peoples lives that you either know or don't know at all?
- I would like to empower and conscientize kids and teenagers about the importance of education and sports together to better use the opportunities in their life.
* Why is being a Beyond Athletic mentor important to you and why should athletes feel free to contact you?
- I am very passionate about helping other people and make them aware that it is possible to manage education and sports so that they fulfill all of their potential. I am eager to share all of my experiences, achievements and mistakes in order to help other athletes and give them tools to achieve success in all aspects of their lives, not only in sports.
Comment below what you liked or would like to know! and tag a friend to get mentioned in one of of shows!
Full Show Notes (Audio & Video versions) https://beyondathletic.com/57